The Ford automobile plant in Highland Park near Detroit, Michigan, was designed in 1908 by Albert Kahn in in 1913 became the world’s first car factory to use production lines. A Model T car could now be produced in only 93 minutes, as opposed to previously 728 minutes, which led to a steady fall in prices. Car production at the plant already ceased in the 1920s, when production was shifted to tractors and vehicle components. Today, a part of the complex is taken up by the Ford company archives or used as storage space, while others have gone to ruin.
A view of the Highland Park plant of the Ford Motor Company in 1922, in: Bernard L. Johnson, "Henry Ford and His Power Farm", Farm Mechanics 102 (February 1922); source: Wikimedia Commons, public domain.