In 1882, the Palmenhaus was opened in the palace gardens of Schönbrunn in Vienna. It remains one of the park's most famous sights. Built from wrought iron and cast iron, it is 111 metres long, 29 metres wide and 25 metres high. It one of the three largest greenhouses in the world, alongside exemplars in Kew Gardens and the Palmengarten in Frankfurt am Main.
Palmenhaus Schönbrunn, color photography, 2006, photographer: Gryffindor; source: Wikimedia Commons, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.