The Portinari Altarpiece is a triptych painting by the Flemish painter Hugo van der Goes representing the adoration of the shepherds. It owes its name to the banker Tommaso Portinari, who commissioned it for the church of the hospital of Santa Maria Nuova in Florence. The left and right panels depict Portinari himself, his family, and their respective patron saints.
Hugo van der Goes (ca. 1440–1482), Portinari Altarpiece, 586 x 253 cm, 1477–1478, source: With the kind permission of the Galleria degli Uffizi, N. Cat. 00281184 0, Wikimedia Commons, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Hugo_van_der_Goes_004.jpg.